The Dreamers Edge

The Dreamers Edge is about your dreams, your desire and your ability to achieve the results you want. Conway Stone – holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology and Religion. His graduate work is in Philosophy and Religion. He is an author, speaker, entrepreneur, and founder of a non-profit organization, Dream High.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Exercise…

Oh you hate to see this one coming… But there is no way around it. If you are going to be healthy you must get your body moving. Some people will claim you can simply walk in the evening and that will be enough. I would disagree. To lose weight you must increase your muscles and the only way to do that is to move some weight around. I have recently joined a gym and have been every day for 3 months. (Check with me and see the next time we meet and see if I am still going.) Here are some tips for getting back to exercise.

1. Start slowly. Start by walking 10 minutes. Then increase every 2 weeks until you are doing 30 to 40 minutes.

2. Find a time you can do it. I have 2 friends who meet every morning at 6:00. I have found that I can go to the gym in the late afternoon between 4:00 and 6:00. Make sure you have a time that will work for you.

3. Find something you enjoy. I would prefer softball or volleyball. But the gym I have started attending has nice carpet, soft music, new equipment and personal TV’s on every bicycle and treadmill. It is a fun easy place to go.

Remember, something is better than nothing and more is better than less in this case.

Quote of the Day
Losers visualize the penalties of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success. -- Rob Gilbert