The Dreamers Edge

The Dreamers Edge is about your dreams, your desire and your ability to achieve the results you want. Conway Stone – holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology and Religion. His graduate work is in Philosophy and Religion. He is an author, speaker, entrepreneur, and founder of a non-profit organization, Dream High.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Things we think we can’t do

Lacy – My Niece

My nice Lacy recently came to visit for a week and was assigned to help me with chores one afternoon. We went to move a table and this 12-year-old girl told me she couldn’t do it. But I encouraged her to try and to keep moving and she was able to help me move the table. She begged and begged to ride the riding lawn mower, but when she saw how big it was and how loud it was she said, “I don’t want to. I can’t.” But I asked her to ride it just 3 feet and push the brake. She did and loved it. She mowed the whole back yard. Then I told her to put the mower in gear #6 and she went crazy “No, I can’t do that.” But she did and you could see her smile from ear to ear and she played with the mower.

A little girl said, “I can’t.” But when she tried it she loved it and was pretty good at it. Life is like that for you and I as well. Things we think we can’t do we often can if we will try just a little.

What are you afraid of that you need to explore once more?

Quote of the Day
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific" -Lily Tomlin