The Dreamers Edge

The Dreamers Edge is about your dreams, your desire and your ability to achieve the results you want. Conway Stone – holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology and Religion. His graduate work is in Philosophy and Religion. He is an author, speaker, entrepreneur, and founder of a non-profit organization, Dream High.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pay a professional?

Robert Schuller has always said, “I never do anything I can hire a professional to do.” I admire this philosophy and it makes sense on some level. But I have found it impossible to pay for professional services every time I do something. This is especially true if you are young or starting a business. Here is the rule I use.

If you have the ability to earn more money per hour than you are paying someone else, then hire professional services. If you can do the work and save $35 - $50 an hour, then do the work yourself.

What is the rule you use?

Quote of the Day
"Literature is the art of writing something that will be read twice; journalism what will be read once."
- Cyril Connolly